Friday, April 19, 2013

Week #32: Beatlemania, Peanuts and I LOVE (This Comedienne)!

Already it's Week #32!  EQM is well past the baby "bump" stage and there's no mistaking her for being pregnant!  She's lookin' good and I'm happy to report that she's feeling pretty well, too!

I would be remiss not to suggest at least one name inspired by the legendary Beatles, the most famous British pop rock band ever.  The music of the Beatles includes at least two dozen songs that reference girls' names.  Michelle is certainly one of my personal favorites, but a French name for a little girl born to a Cuban-American mom and an Irish/Portuguese dad just doesn't make any sense to me ... (and I actually did grow up with a girl by the name of Michelle Mulvaney, so that name is taken!)

Another of my favorite Beatles songs is reported to have a hidden reference to LSD.  However, as the story goes, the lyrics were actually inspired by a nursery school drawing created by John Lennon's son, Julian.  Thank you, Julian!  I'm good with that.  

This name, like so many others, is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "light."  It's an extremely popular choice in both the United Kingdom and the United States, where it has firmly held its position on the list of the top 100 baby girls' names for the past several years.  This is also the name of the bossy little girl in the Peanuts comic strip created by Charles Schulz. And we certainly can't forget the hilarious housewife portrayed in a TV sitcom by one of the most talented American comediennes of all time.   

I'm sure you don't need any other hints to guess the name for Week #32!   Could we soon have a bossy little girl or a hilarious little comedienne on our hands?








No comments:

Post a Comment